Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Friday, July 17, 2015

Cat's Colorful Shoes and Other News!

 
It's been forever and a day since I have linked up with Doodle Bug's Teaching for Five for Friday. {And I thought I was going to be SO much better blogging this summer! Ha, did I prove myself wrong! :) } Well, I haven't been sitting around on my duff and eating bon bons {not that that doesn't sound amazing, right?!?!}
Here's a look at what I have been up to….. I just finished 'A Cat's Colorful Shoes Retelling and Extension Activities Pack'.
I plan on using this when I read 'Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes'. 
Here's a peek of some of the activities…
There are color sort, match, and pattern activities.  An emergent reader with three levels to allow for differentiation and cause/effect pages.
Comprehension/Essential Questions
Sequencing pages

If/Then pages 
Yes?No Questions
The pack is 70 pages!  It contains both color and black and white activities.  There are many, many ways to meet the needs of your learners who are often on multiple levels of ability.
I'm also super excited about participating in a Special Education Back to School Blog Hop that will feature over 20 bloggers in an e-book filled with freebies and BTS tips.  The kick-off will be Monday, July 20th, so be sure to check back to take advantage this!
It hasn't been all work and no play, however.  I've had the pleasure of traveling this summer.  One stop was in Minnesota for some quality sister time!
Three of the five sisters got together to work on our mom's 90th b-day party.  I hope I'm as vibrant and active when I turn 90!
Saugatuck, Michigan was another trip I made.  Such a beautiful, quaint town.
It's definitely worth the trip.
Last, but certainly not least, earlier in the summer, I visited my daughter in Arizona.  I have to say, I think our relationship finally reached that mature mother-daughter thing I have been waiting for.  It's a beautiful thing.  :)
What have you been up to?  Hop on over to Doodle Bug's teaching and let us know.

Thanks for reading.  Have a great day!  :) 










4 comments:

  1. Well, if you're from Missouri then Saugatuck was a bit of a drive! I agree it is a great little town and this MIchigan blogger often goes just for the day. All along the Lake Michigan coast is vacationland. We're off to South Haven in a couple weeks. My second daughter just moved into her twenties and I have to say I so appreciate both girls on a whole new grown-up level. Have a great rest of summer. See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had know you were in Sagatuck. It is a little drive for us, but nothing that we are not used too! Your Pete the Cat pack looks awesome! It looks like you are having a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Pete the Cat!

    Looks like a great balance between work and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you've been able to get some awesome traveling done this summer!! How fun to get to plan such an important birthday with your sisters, that's so great! I love your Pete the Cat activities, he is a big favorite in my classroom!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us, have an awesome weekend!

    Erin
    Kindergarten Dragons

    ReplyDelete