Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Friday, August 1, 2014

If you Take…Freebie & Five for Friday!

Whew!  It has been a busy couple of weeks for me.  I have taken two amazing classes.  Let's get started with my Five for Friday so I can tell you all about them!

Last week I participated in a Summer Writing Institute where Matt Glover and Katherine Bomer taught us all week long about the writing process.  It was the most amazing thing I have been to in a very long time.  Not only did I learn how to use Writer's Workshop at the preschool level,  I worked on my own craft as a writer.  That was powerful.  Matt and Katherine explained we must experience what our little ones feel when we ask them to write.  I have to admit at first I was nervous about composing a piece that would be shared with my peers, but as I drafted, conferred, revised, and illustrated the joy of writing returned.  I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it.  I am set to hit the trail running this school year encouraging my little ones to make picture books.  I can't wait to see all the growth and progress 
throughout the year.
 
This week I took a Common Core class with Debbie Miller.  Again, my thinking and learning was stretched.  We got into the nitty gritty of CCSS.  We worked on writing ELA units that aligned to common core.  Even though our state doesn't have CCSS at the preschool level, I feel the need to help prepare my little ones for what's to come in kindergarten.  
Next weekend DeeDee Wills and Tara West are hosting a Missouri Blogger Meet-Up in St. Louis.  I am going to try my very best to attend.  I read both blogs and admire all the work they do.  It would be an honor to meet them along with many other wonderful MO bloggers.
It's hard to believe that the school year is just right around the corner.  I know I will be ready when the time comes, but I am trying to savor the last few days of summer break.
I have a freebie for you.  It's an emergent reader to go with "If You Take a Mouse to School" by Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond.  I use this simpler version to help my little ones retell the story.  ENJOY!
Click HERE or on the picture  to download.
and also check out Teacher's Take-Out for tons of back to school freebies!

Thanks for reading!  Have a great day.  :)



1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! It looks like the classes you took were awesome. I would love to learn how to do Writer's Workshop with the little ones and learn more about Common Core. I can't wait to hear about your experience with those once the school year starts. Thanks for the great freebie and enjoy the rest of your summer!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete