Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Friday, May 16, 2014

A Freebie and Five!


We are preparing for our 'Celebration of Success' {a.k.a. Graduation}.  This is for any pre-k student going to kindergarten in the fall.  We made these 'Graduates' to hold a diploma.
I love how they turned out.  :)
I also love comparing pictures from the beginning of the year to the end of the year to see just how much my sweet ones have changed!
{This picture is from August}
 
This is always a bittersweet time for me.  I am so proud of all the growth my sweeties have experienced this year, but I am sad that I only have a few days left with them before they fly the coop.
 These are my afternoon graduates {minus one sick student}
This little sweetie is in my morning class and will also be going to kindergarten in the fall.
When we weren't working on graduation, we were learning about bugs.  :)
 First, the little learners had to sort circles by size.
Then, they had to start with the biggest circles and work down to the smallest, plus make an AB pattern.  :)
Last, we added wax paper ovals for wings, pipe cleaner antennae, and a face.  LOVE these.
We also used foam flowers and bee erasers to count using one to one correspondence.  

The older students also worked on greater than and less than and adding two numbers to 12.
Enjoy this freebie.  It's a listening worksheet with a 'Very Hungry Caterpillar' theme.
Click HERE or on the picture to download.
Link up your Five for Friday and/or read about others' week by going to Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday weekly linky.
Thanks for reading!  Have a great weekend.  :)

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dragonflies. I will have to remember that for my insect unit next year. I also love your diploma holder. So cute!!!! I am a new blog follower!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful again! Those dragonflies are adorable. I love how to the pictures captured all the thinking going on in the bee eraser activity. Look at the concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dragonflies are wonderful! Thanks so much for the listening freebie!
    Laura
    Differentiation Station Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love all of the fun things your kids are doing.

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete