Preschool Wonders Preschool Wonders Facebook Bloglovin Instagram Pinterest About Me My Classroom My Store Freebies Image Map





Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Back to School Goals {Linky}!

Jess from I {heart Recess} is having a Back to School Edition: Monthly Goals linky and I am excited to be participating for the first time!  There are lots of goals I could strive for, especially when it comes to teaching.  I narrowed it down to the following:
PERSONAL:  I have done pretty well getting my booty back in shape this summer.  I have been running, taking golf lessons, and Pilates classes.  I have a bad habit of not working out once the school year begins, but I already have a plan in place.  :) My Pilates classes are going to be at a time that will be very do~able for me.  I will be able to go to class straight from school, which means I can't be lazy on the couch instead of working out.
ORGANIZATION:  My paraprofessional will be very pleased with this goal!  I have a bad habit of laying things down and not remembering where I put them.  Valerie is my savior!  She keeps me organized and on track.  I am going to try and take her lead. I am going to really, really try to put things where they belong ! {Can I get an 'Amen', Valerie?}  :)
PLANNING: Towards the end of the year my class began to do more things with another teacher's class.  We had so much fun!  We have already talked about trying to do more activities together on a regular basis.  I love to plan and get overly excited about my activities.  I just hope she doesn't mind me being over the top!
PROFESSIONAL:  I would like to be able to continue taking classes through Baker University this year.  I need to find a balance between work and school.  My goal is to take another 16 hours this year, so I will only have 8 left the following year.  That should move me all the way over on the pay scale.  Yippee!
STUDENTS:  I always try to keep in mind that my students are someone else's babies.  I want to treat them like I would want a teacher (or another adult, for that matter) to treat my own child.
MOTTO:  I have always loved this quote from Hodding Carter Jr.  It encompasses our role as educators.  :)
What are your goals for the upcoming school year?  Link up with Jess from I {heart} Recess to post your own.
There are a few days left to enter my 100 Follower Giveaway!  Click on the picture to take you to the post.
Thanks for reading! Have a great day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment